Local Magician Helping to Make Bullying Disappear | News
WILLIAMSVILLE, NY - The students at Saints Peter and Paul School had a magical guest this week, and he came with a serious message.
Local magician Mike Seege performs at schools across Western New York and around the country. He weaves magic tricks with anti-bullying messages.
School leaders say his performance keeps the kids entertained and educated, and the message sticks.
"I think they'll have an easier time remembering the message because it was delivered in a fun way," said principal Deborah Lester.
"Later in the week, month, or year, teachers can go back and reference, remember when Jimmy was a part of the magic show and we talked about bullying," said Seege.
Seege will be taking his "Say No To Bullying" magic show to Rochester-area schools and to St. Vincent de Paul School next week.
Click HERE for more information on how to bring the show to your school.
This story is a part of Daybreak's "Good Story Challenge." To see more stories, click HERE.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors