Local Magician Helping to Make Bullying Disappear | News
WILLIAMSVILLE, NY - The students at Saints Peter and Paul School had a magical guest this week, and he came with a serious message.
Local magician Mike Seege performs at schools across Western New York and around the country. He weaves magic tricks with anti-bullying messages.
School leaders say his performance keeps the kids entertained and educated, and the message sticks.
"I think they'll have an easier time remembering the message because it was delivered in a fun way," said principal Deborah Lester.
"Later in the week, month, or year, teachers can go back and reference, remember when Jimmy was a part of the magic show and we talked about bullying," said Seege.
Seege will be taking his "Say No To Bullying" magic show to Rochester-area schools and to St. Vincent de Paul School next week.
Click HERE for more information on how to bring the show to your school.
This story is a part of Daybreak's "Good Story Challenge." To see more stories, click HERE.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- International Experts to Examine Crisis in Ukraine
- April Is Pet First Aid Awareness Month
- Drums Along the Waterfront Announces New Venue; Tickets Now Available
- Amherst Will Study Ending Lifetime Health Benefits for elected officials
- Vegetable, Fruit and Flower Share Programs Return to Farmers & Artisans
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars