Water Rate Hike on Tap in Williamsville | News
WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. -- Homeowners in Williamsville could see their water bills go up soon.
The village board is considering a rate increase that would add about $4 a month, or $50 a year to the average water bill. The reason, the village's water system has been losing money for quite some time. The good news is, the rate hike may only be temporary for many.
"We're working on consolidation with the water authority, which would create a savings for the majority of our users. We're close to a memorandum of understanding there," said Mayor Brian Kulpa.
Monday's meeting about the rate increase was a public hearing so that neighbors could comment on it. The village board is expected to vote on it at a later time.
Top Williamsville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Turkish Cooking Class -- May 18th, Saturday @1:00pm
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo to salute heroes this Memorial Day
- Funeral Held for Evans Officer Killed in Off-Duty Crash
- Celebrate Mother's Day at the Herschell Carrousel Museum
- "Turkish Passport: The Only Holocaust Story with Happy Ending", May 9th @7:00pm