Water Rate Hike on Tap in Williamsville | News
WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. -- Homeowners in Williamsville could see their water bills go up soon.
The village board is considering a rate increase that would add about $4 a month, or $50 a year to the average water bill. The reason, the village's water system has been losing money for quite some time. The good news is, the rate hike may only be temporary for many.
"We're working on consolidation with the water authority, which would create a savings for the majority of our users. We're close to a memorandum of understanding there," said Mayor Brian Kulpa.
Monday's meeting about the rate increase was a public hearing so that neighbors could comment on it. The village board is expected to vote on it at a later time.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gambia Male Convicted of Misuse of a Passport and Aggravated ID Theft
- California Man Pleads Guilty to Unauthorized Access Device Fraud
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital patients receive gift of moblity thanks to national charity
- CERT Recipe Book Marks Group’s 10th Anniversary
- Tribute to Angels event raises funds for Kenmore Mercy Hospital