Water Rate Hike on Tap in Williamsville | News
WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. -- Homeowners in Williamsville could see their water bills go up soon.
The village board is considering a rate increase that would add about $4 a month, or $50 a year to the average water bill. The reason, the village's water system has been losing money for quite some time. The good news is, the rate hike may only be temporary for many.
"We're working on consolidation with the water authority, which would create a savings for the majority of our users. We're close to a memorandum of understanding there," said Mayor Brian Kulpa.
Monday's meeting about the rate increase was a public hearing so that neighbors could comment on it. The village board is expected to vote on it at a later time.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood