Water Rate Hike on Tap in Williamsville | News
WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. -- Homeowners in Williamsville could see their water bills go up soon.
The village board is considering a rate increase that would add about $4 a month, or $50 a year to the average water bill. The reason, the village's water system has been losing money for quite some time. The good news is, the rate hike may only be temporary for many.
"We're working on consolidation with the water authority, which would create a savings for the majority of our users. We're close to a memorandum of understanding there," said Mayor Brian Kulpa.
Monday's meeting about the rate increase was a public hearing so that neighbors could comment on it. The village board is expected to vote on it at a later time.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED