Williamsville Schools Mourn Loss of Athletic Director | News
WILLIAMSVILLE, NY-- The Williamsville Central School district is mourning the loss of their long-time athletic director Dr. James Rusin.
Rusin died Sunday after a long battle with cancer.
Rusin was instrumental in the formation of the the girls varsity hockey league and a strong advocate for all programs in Section Six. He was also very involved in setting up protocols for proper treatment of student athletes who suffered head injuries and concussions.
Superintendent Dr. Scott Martzloff says Rusin was often referred to as "Mr. Williamsville" or "Dr. Williamsville" because of his pride in the community, district schools, and sports programs.
Martzloff says every athletic event this week is being started with a moment of silence in tribute to Rusin.
He was with the district for nearly 42 years and served as Athletic Director for 33 years.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- International Experts to Examine Crisis in Ukraine
- April Is Pet First Aid Awareness Month
- Drums Along the Waterfront Announces New Venue; Tickets Now Available
- Amherst Will Study Ending Lifetime Health Benefits for elected officials
- Vegetable, Fruit and Flower Share Programs Return to Farmers & Artisans
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars