"Wife Swap" Star Charged With Prostitution | News
PEMBROKE, N.Y. -- There's a local connection to a high-profile case involving a Rochester lawyer who was found asleep in his car with a 20-year-old prostitute.
State Police say they found the car parked at the Pembroke service area in Genesee County with 54-year-old James Doyle slumped over the steering wheel, asleep. But he was not alone.
Police charged Doyle with D.W.I. and patronizing a prostitute. State police have identified her as Alicia Guastaferro of Williamsville. A former beauty queen, she and her family appeared on the ABC show "Wife Swap" and she later sued the network for $100 million.
She's charged with criminal impersonation, criminal possession of a controlled substance and prostitution.
Doyle denies the charges and says the woman is a long-time family acquaintance not a prostitute.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood