"Wife Swap" Star Charged With Prostitution | News
PEMBROKE, N.Y. -- There's a local connection to a high-profile case involving a Rochester lawyer who was found asleep in his car with a 20-year-old prostitute.
State Police say they found the car parked at the Pembroke service area in Genesee County with 54-year-old James Doyle slumped over the steering wheel, asleep. But he was not alone.
Police charged Doyle with D.W.I. and patronizing a prostitute. State police have identified her as Alicia Guastaferro of Williamsville. A former beauty queen, she and her family appeared on the ABC show "Wife Swap" and she later sued the network for $100 million.
She's charged with criminal impersonation, criminal possession of a controlled substance and prostitution.
Doyle denies the charges and says the woman is a long-time family acquaintance not a prostitute.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors