"Wife Swap" Star Charged With Prostitution | News
PEMBROKE, N.Y. -- There's a local connection to a high-profile case involving a Rochester lawyer who was found asleep in his car with a 20-year-old prostitute.
State Police say they found the car parked at the Pembroke service area in Genesee County with 54-year-old James Doyle slumped over the steering wheel, asleep. But he was not alone.
Police charged Doyle with D.W.I. and patronizing a prostitute. State police have identified her as Alicia Guastaferro of Williamsville. A former beauty queen, she and her family appeared on the ABC show "Wife Swap" and she later sued the network for $100 million.
She's charged with criminal impersonation, criminal possession of a controlled substance and prostitution.
Doyle denies the charges and says the woman is a long-time family acquaintance not a prostitute.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital patients receive gift of moblity thanks to national charity
- CERT Recipe Book Marks Group’s 10th Anniversary
- Tribute to Angels event raises funds for Kenmore Mercy Hospital
- Town of Hamburg Police Ask Assistance in Identifying Individual for Questioning
- Scholarship Stresses Importance of Character, Education