"Wife Swap" Star Charged With Prostitution | News
PEMBROKE, N.Y. -- There's a local connection to a high-profile case involving a Rochester lawyer who was found asleep in his car with a 20-year-old prostitute.
State Police say they found the car parked at the Pembroke service area in Genesee County with 54-year-old James Doyle slumped over the steering wheel, asleep. But he was not alone.
Police charged Doyle with D.W.I. and patronizing a prostitute. State police have identified her as Alicia Guastaferro of Williamsville. A former beauty queen, she and her family appeared on the ABC show "Wife Swap" and she later sued the network for $100 million.
She's charged with criminal impersonation, criminal possession of a controlled substance and prostitution.
Doyle denies the charges and says the woman is a long-time family acquaintance not a prostitute.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED