Eat Well Live Well Challenge Plans Training Sessions | Events
Training sessions for the Eat Well Live Well Challenge, a results-focused wellness challenge provided by the Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo and Wegmans Markets, will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1 and Friday, Feb. 15 at the Wegmans store located at 5275 Sheridan Drive, Williamsville. A complimentary healthy continental breakfast will be served.
“The Challenge is a proven wellness program that offers employers and community organizations a valuable opportunity to be proactive in improving health and health care cost management,” said Philip Haberstro, executive director of the Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo (www.CreatingHealthyCommunities.org).
Challenge participants need only walking shoes, pedometers and the desire to be healthy! It’s a very simple, confidential and productive way to engage employees and family members to lead a healthier lifestyle. Employers from all sectors and organizations will also discover that the program results in greater teamwork, builds camaraderie and complements existing efforts to manage health costs.
Pre-registration for the training session is required as space is limited. Attendance at a training session is required for new participating employers. The training session will focus on how to successfully implement the Eat Well Live Well Challenge. Once launched, the Wellness Institute is available at no cost to participating employers to support their participation and ensure positive results.
For information or to register for a training session, please contact the Wellness Institute at 851-4052 or email BeActive@City-Buffalo.org. More information about the Challenge can also be found at www.eatwelllivewell.org and www.CreatingHealthyCommunities.org.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors