Christmas Masses Planned for Diocesan Cemeteries | Events
Special Christmas Masses will be celebrated at four diocesan Catholic cemeteries, continuing a tradition that dates back three decades.
On Wednesday, Dec. 26, Masses will be celebrated at 5:30 p.m. at Resurrection Chapel Mausoleum in Mount Olivet Cemetery in Kenmore with Msgr. Francis G. Weldgen presiding. Msgr. Thomas J. Moran will preside at All Saints Chapel Mausoleum in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, in Lewiston.
Masses will be celebrated on Thursday, Dec. 27, at 5:30 p.m. at Holy Cross Chapel Mausoleum in Holy Cross Cemetery, Lackawanna, with Father Robert M. Yetter as celebrant. Father Louis S. Klein will celebrate the Mass at St. Francis of Assisi Chapel Mausoleum in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Cheektowaga.
“These Masses are a special opportunity for people to gather, remember and pray for their loved ones who have entered eternal rest,” said Carmen A. Colao, director of Catholic Cemeteries for the Diocese of Buffalo.
For more information, call 873-6500.
The Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of Buffalo carry out the sacred religious function of the burial of the deceased. Believing in the sanctity of the human body, the resurrection and eternal life, we are dedicated to the respectful care of the people of God who even in death remain a part of the entire Christian community.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Deer Rescued from Glen Falls in Williamsville
- Daemen Approved for Advancement in NCAA Membership Process
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors