Over 1,000 Cards Collected through Legislator Lorigo’s 2nd Annual Valentines for Veterans Program | Community Spirit
Handmade Valentine’s Day cards were delivered to local veterans thanks to students at schools located throughout Erie County – District 10. Legislator Joseph Lorigo, who represents the 10thDistrict, visited several of the schools recently to recognize the students for participating in his second annual Valentines for Veterans program, which honors members of the military for their service.
“The Valentines for Veterans program has far exceeded my expectations thanks to the schools that participate. I am amazed by the thoughtfulness that goes into each and every card created. The students have a deep appreciation for our veterans and military personnel which is evident through their efforts. I want to thank all the schools for taking part in Valentines for Veterans and I look forward to presenting their cards to local veteran posts and acknowledging our veterans for their service and sacrifice,” said Legislator Lorigo.
Legislator Lorigo estimates that this year’s program generated more than 1,000 cards.
This following District 10 schools participated in this year’s Valentines for Veterans program:
- Allendale Elementary School
- Clinton Street Elementary
- Fourteen Holy Helpers
- Holland Harold O. Brumsted Elementary
- Iroquois Intermediate School
- Parkdale Elementary School
- Trinity Christian School
This year’s cards will be delivered to Elma VFW Post No. 5861; the Wounded Warriors Program, which sends care packages to wounded service members who are recovering in military hospitals and/or Wounded Warrior Transition Units; and Operation Prayers & Cookies, a service provided by Town of Wales residents who send packages with homemade cookies to Iraq and Afghanistan every month.
“The Valentines for Veterans program is another opportunity to thank our veterans and remind them that they are appreciated year round. Last year the recipients were very appreciative of the cards and I hope to meet with more veterans this year to personally thank them,” said Legislator Lorigo.
For additional information about Valentines for Veterans, please contact Legislator Lorigo’s Legislative Office at 858-8922 or email email@example.com.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- International Experts to Examine Crisis in Ukraine
- April Is Pet First Aid Awareness Month
- Drums Along the Waterfront Announces New Venue; Tickets Now Available
- Amherst Will Study Ending Lifetime Health Benefits for elected officials
- Vegetable, Fruit and Flower Share Programs Return to Farmers & Artisans
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars