Junior Sabres' Teddy Bear Toss Set for December 18 | Community Spirit
(Amherst, NY) – The Buffalo Junior Sabres, ranked #7 in Canadian Junior “A” hockey this week by the Canadian Junior Hockey League, will hold its second annual Teddy Bear Toss, sponsored by Dent Neurologic Institute, as part of its home game against the Toronto Lakeshore Patriots on Tuesday, December 18 beginning at 6:30pm at the Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Drive, between Maple and Millersport.
Fans are asked to bring a new and unwrapped teddy bear or other stuffed animal. When the Jr. Sabres score their first goal of the game, fans are invited to toss their toys on the ice. All items collected will be later distributed by members of the Buffalo Sabres Alumni and Buffalo Police Department as part of their annual joint effort to bring more holiday cheer to local families in need.
The Buffalo Sabres have kindly provided prizes to be given away, including team apparel. Sabretooth is scheduled to appear as well.
For more information about the team, visit the team’s official website at www.buffalojuniorsabres.com. The team can also be followed on Facebook (Buffalo Jr. Sabres Official) and Twitter (BuffaloJrSabres).
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors