Junior Sabres' Teddy Bear Toss Set for December 18 | Community Spirit
(Amherst, NY) – The Buffalo Junior Sabres, ranked #7 in Canadian Junior “A” hockey this week by the Canadian Junior Hockey League, will hold its second annual Teddy Bear Toss, sponsored by Dent Neurologic Institute, as part of its home game against the Toronto Lakeshore Patriots on Tuesday, December 18 beginning at 6:30pm at the Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Drive, between Maple and Millersport.
Fans are asked to bring a new and unwrapped teddy bear or other stuffed animal. When the Jr. Sabres score their first goal of the game, fans are invited to toss their toys on the ice. All items collected will be later distributed by members of the Buffalo Sabres Alumni and Buffalo Police Department as part of their annual joint effort to bring more holiday cheer to local families in need.
The Buffalo Sabres have kindly provided prizes to be given away, including team apparel. Sabretooth is scheduled to appear as well.
For more information about the team, visit the team’s official website at www.buffalojuniorsabres.com. The team can also be followed on Facebook (Buffalo Jr. Sabres Official) and Twitter (BuffaloJrSabres).
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars