Albright-Knox Acquires Paintings by Daemen Professor | Arts & Culture
A Statement Released by Daemen College
The three works are contemporary abstract paintings: “Pharmakon IV (Treasure),” “Pharmakon V (Sky),” and “Pharmakon VI (Night).”
“This the first time something like this has happened, regarding my painting. The feeling is amazing,” said Koenig. “Museums tend to collect artists whose work is representative of the areas the museums focus on. And the Albright-Knox is certainly no exception.”
Koenig is an associate professor of painting in the Daemen Department of Visual & Performing Arts. She holds a Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of Texas-San Antonio, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Southern Oregon University.
Koenig said she does not know when her paintings will go on display inside the Albright-Knox. They have been acquired for the museum’s permanent collection.
Upcoming Events near Williamsville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Exit 2 Bar & Grille Brings Excitement to Tonawanda Dining Scene
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "What Do We Owe God? The Religious Ethics of Business."
- Buffalo Man Charged with Fraud and Making Counterfeit Money
- Five Charged With Marijuana Trafficking
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo join Niagara County Thank a Vet program